Friday, March 20, 2009

Day Twenty...

In Soweto

I arrive early from Fochville, and would have to call people for a place to crash. I call the head chef, but he has some engagements to attend to. We meet in town for key exchange and I head for a solitary at his room… I am tired and sleepy. I think time out is essential for this first nothing I will endeavor in this township. The chorale melancholy of ghetto streets hums in the rain… echoes of a gamble with life resounds, not entirely bordered by swamps of friends, the greeting and queries about my whereabouts. I am at a piety of will. It is the twentieth day of my departures… the rains drizzles coldly, it’s whispers curling abound my spine in chills before I decide to go rest. Later a tease of hail on the roof; what a joy reading John Donne when thoughts are stars in my soul.

“Drowned the whole world, us two…” I read and recall our two chaoses that were in love with a lesser sun. Inside, a racked carcass, the moist clime of summer’s storm rousing still, a killing love. I awake an hour later, feeling cloistral - heavy with the thought that I might have aged rashly to love’s chaos- with a vain hope for revenge than with due caution. I need to purity my aging Adam, with a virtue that would dwell in me as I pursue the sun’s route.

A poet is one who is (ready) prepared for death, for no sin’s mortal.

1 comment:

  1. If Fochville was a man...i would marry it and have its kids.

    Loving the right person at the wrong time,
    having the wrong person when the time is right
    and finding out you love someone right after
    that person walks out of your life...

    And sometimes, you think you're already over a person,but when you see them smile at you,you'll suddenly realize that you're just pretending
    to be over them just to ease the pain of knowing that
    they will never be yours again...

    For some, they think that letting go is one way
    of expressing how much they love that person...
    in my opinion, some are afraid to see the one they love
    being held by someone else...

    Most relationships tend to fail not because
    the absence of love. Love is always present.
    It's just that one was being loved too much and the
    other was being loved too little...

    As we all know that the heart is the center of the body
    but it beats on the left. maybe that's the reason
    why the heart is not always right...

    Most often we fall in love with the person we think we love but to only discover that for them we are just for passing time, while the one who truly
    loves us remains either a friend or a stranger...

    So here's a piece of advice;
    Let go when you're hurting too much.
    Give up when love isn't enough.
    And move on when things are not like before...

    It's certain... there is someone out there


    WHO WILL LOVE YOU EVEN MORE...

    ReplyDelete