Friday, January 14, 2022

A Poem Without A Cause

When shimmering January skies, clad in wafts of tinged breezes

Quiz my soul drowned by sobs of defeat

Why my thoughts nestle in disquieting shadows?

I brave all illusions and pressure my dire pretension

To  trust in fate’s impassioned arms unsuspecting of thorns.


With reproach, my inner eye greets misery

Each dawn handled like a vase of decayed petals

And with blunt candour, I retrieve my scars

Daunted still by betrayed nakedness before sorrow

And a probing love dismayed.


The crude dullness of being unwithering

On some outskirts of intuition and trivial sentiments

I stake it all with other butchered reveries behind drawn curtains

Discarded hours and barrels of dreams

Delighted in my skins tossed aside for sacrifice.


It was desire commingled with suckling rage

Backstreet humbleness imitating solitude

That became a meeting place for my mirrored soul

Faced with measureless flaws of youth

And ever-escalating abandon.


Now, seedlings of recollections of festive embraces have dried up

In pots and virginal hearts unable to cup fading elations.

And distantly rising are lost shames and vulgar joys

Shocks of rejected pleasures shovelled with debris of December

Tormented by wonderment and disturbing exhibits of innocence.


No comments:

Post a Comment